Last week I challenged you to think of 3 things for which to give thanks to God, each day. That’s 21 prayers of gratitude to God for the week!
I have taken the challenge myself and share with you 21 things for which I have had reason to give thanks during this week.
- Maurie – who knows and loves me – warts and all.
- Humour, especially in unexpected situations…. Laughter lightens the load and lifts the clouds.
- Family reunions and the ties of blood and shared experience that bind us together across time and space.
- Faith, hope and love without which I would barely exist.
- People who will stick by you and support you when you need to cry.
- The easy, innocent chatter and laughter of children.
- Friends who listen without judgment when you need to talk out your worries and
- Friends who can do so without feeling the need to fix you or the situation.
- The arms of my grandchildren wrapped around my neck or thrown around my waist in greeting.
- My dog putting his head on my lap for a pat.
- Unexpected gifts.
- My brother who took the time to call me just for a chat.
- Strength and energy to take Merlin for long walks.
- Our beautiful parklands and well kept playground equipment on which Sienna and Seth have been having so much fun.
- My Mum, who is always ready to listen and pray.
- People who pray for me and who send messages of encouragement.
- Meaningful employment.
- Birthday invitations.
- A spare room to retreat to sometimes when Maurie’s snoring gets too much.
- My parish family
Love and blessings